Monday 2 September 2013

ShinkenRed Cosplay :)

Progress Entry #2

Sword and Boots



Sadly, I don't have progress pictures for this one because I was concentrating too much on getting the bloody sword finished -____-



Sword/ShinkenMaru


This was basically done with a template I drew and cardboard and a plank of wood left over from my Uncle's farm.

I cut the angle on the wood and also cut two shapes onto the card to make the blade appear wider. After taping and using paper mache, I then made the handle. It has probably the most awkward shape I've ever made (and I've done 2 terms of 3D at college so....xD) 

I used paper mache on the handle and also the disk shape as well. I attached everything to the sword, primed the whole thing and sprayed everything with silver spray paint (including my ankles...which, two weeks later, STILL HASN'T COME OFF!!)

When dry, I painted the disk and handle black and the hilt/handle part gold (badly pigmented childrens paint, so many layers were needed -__-)

When everything was dry, I tried holding it with the white gloves I ordered and the handle slipped and slid around. So, to add extra grip, I covered the handle with black wire insulation tape.

And here's the result :)

(my first major prop, please don't be harsh D:)



The Boots

I got red boots from eBay and, because I have chubby legs, I was worried they wouldn't fit with the leggings on o___o

However, they do...JUST xD

There's always one....


ANYWAY!! xD

The boots were the easy part, I painted and varnished the heels to make them black and shiny, and I added the stripe with permanent marker.

And now they look like this :)



I'll do another post when I can finally get started on the top (which is a week late, F*** YOU EBAY!!)


'til next time,

>> Let's Rocket!! <<

5 comments:

  1. Seeing it all come together is getting kind of exciting. Makes me feel dirty for just ordering my TyrannoRanger costume lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did two years at Art College, and I've got a couple of friends who make their own props so that probably explains how I know (kinda) what I'm doing XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Construct a sword with a very limited supply of tools, money and time - then come back with your unwanted opinion :)

      Delete